Monday, January 31, 2011

2011.032 "Psychadelic Bird of Paradise"

Once in a while it hits me...the urge to create something with crazy, psychadelic colors. I know beyond any shadow of a doubt this is the influnce of my mother. She hit the 80's and refused to leave until she passed away in 2009. Day glow green, neon pink, highlighter yellow...the brighter the colors the more happy it made her.

If you didn't know my mom you missed out. She was 4'10", strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes and covered from head to toe in freckles. Needless to say she was extremely cute!

Anyway, today has been one of those days. I started out with more muted, calming colors but it rapidly developed into something more "far out man". This week I am breaking away from my usual swirls and fractal designs and trying some new techniques I have been learning. This one, despite it's crazy color scheme, is one of the more complicated pieces I've done to date.

I hope Monday has treated you well so far. I've been hearing warnings of epic winter storms on the way for most of the US. Stay in and stay warm!

Psychadelic Bird of Paradise - 12x12 digipaint

~ Lisa


You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/


If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell


You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart

1 comment:

  1. My daughter got teased when she was in kindergarten about her freckles. I told her there was nothing to be ashamed of, freckles are "angel kisses".

    ReplyDelete