Friday, January 14, 2011

2011.015 "What Do You See?"

Another difficult day for the creative goof in my head. I have a number of big things rolling around in there at the moment so it's no surprise. I have a book to recommend for anyone who works in a creative field or gets "stuck" from time to time. It's called A Whack on the Side of the Head. I can't think of the author at the moment but I'm sure a Google or Amazon search will bring it up quickly. It's a great, easy read and helps with understanding the creative process and how it can be stimulated.

Today's piece of the day is a compound fractal and after staring at it for nearly an hour I resigned myself to posting it without a real name. The funny thing is that after I gave in and decided to ask the question of you, my readers, "what do you see?" I saw something I hadn't before. Funny how that works.

So I've decided that I'm going to take suggestions for the name of this one. The one that makes me laugh the hardest will be the winner. Oh and if you are the one who gave it the winning name I'm going to have a copy of this printed for you. :o)

So here it is...What Do You See?

What Do You See? - 12x12 compound fractal

~ Lisa

You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/


If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell


You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart

3 comments:

  1. all I know is that it is cool, maybe you should name it that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a singing piece that really moves. VERY cool. i've never seen my favorite math image/symbol---the Fibonacci as playing "gears" before. thanks, this thought is inspiring!

    My favorite poem: http://www.legallanguage.com/resources/poems/cham
    berednautilus/

    How i've worked in the Nautilus:http://melanie-pearl.blogspot.com/2008/12/fibonacci-pavement-matt-and-motivation.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like "bat 'em or lose 'em"--someone suggested it on FB. I had a funny one, but I didn't think anyone else would think it was funny. (I had a colonoscopy yesterday and your painting looked like loops of intestines to me--kind of like the photo they gave me.) I prefer to see eyes with long eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete