Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011.016 "Maya O Maya"

In 2004 I visited the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico (learn more: Moon Yucatan Peninsula (Moon Handbooks)). I was there to visit Cancun and see all the tourist sites I could take in during my 7 day visit. I had no idea what I was in for. Way off the path beaten by a countless number of tourists live a population rich in art, gentle in spirit and able to cook up some of the best food you'll ever taste. You may remember when I posted 2011.007 "Un Rayito de Sol" I shared that my experience in this part of the world forever altered my view of the world and my taste in food and gave me a new perspective on all things hand made and home grown.

I'm certain at the end of this little journey in art and blogging I will look back and find many, many posts affected by the lovely Mayan people and culture. Today's is among the influenced without a doubt.

When I finished it and stepped back from the monitor I immediately thought I should find someone to print this design on some ceramic tiles. New project! Ha. Hey, if you have known me very long at all you know I love little projects and challenges. Probably about 10 years ago I was given the moniker "Princess of Quite a Lot" and it is one of the most appropo nicks that have ever been thrown my direction.

So, here it is. Today's is another compound fractal and is titled "Maya O Maya".


Maya O Maya - 12x12 compound fractal

~ Lisa


You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/

If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell

You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart

1 comment:

  1. I was just on the Mayan Riv again one year ago in Feb. It is a wonderful place! The rain usually hits just in time for siesta and then it clears up and everyone comes out to play again.

    ReplyDelete