Friday, January 21, 2011

2011.022 "The Moonlight Battle of the Mean Reds and the Happy Yellows"

Holly Golightly: You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul Varjak: The mean reds, you mean like the blues?
Holly Golightly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

I've had at least three days this week where the mean reds have tried to beat me down. Maybe it's the cold, grey weather or maybe it's something else entirely. Whatever it is I find it enormously irritating because  by nature I'm more of a happy yellow kind of girl. Needless to say this has been a less than attractive week as a whole and I'm certainly glad it is near its end.

Today's blog piece is also less than attractive. Ha ha. It's most decidedly a strong departure from the fluffly fun pink and orange fractals and digipaints I've come up with recently. This one is about war. Call it whatever you like - good vs evil, light vs dark - it's all the same fight. Sometimes we win and it's a bright, sunny, happy optimistic day. Sometimes we lose and it's nothing but the pits, baby.

In the end what matters most is our ability to hold off the mean reds and stand with our bright smiles and shiny faces proclaiming victory for such forces of good as The Silver Lining and Sunny Side Up. OOO-RAH!


The Moonlight Battle of the Mean Reds and the Happy Yellows - 12x12 fractal

If the cynicism of this posting has your head swimming I do offer my most sincere apologies. You are certainly welcome to refer to this piece as simply "Ketchup vs Mustard".

~ Lisa



You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/


If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell


You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart


If you've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's you should. You can get a copy from Amazon here: Breakfast At Tiffany's - Paramount Centennial Collection (Mastered in High Definition)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, my new favorite!!!! I love this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this may be one of my favorites. We all desire to fly towards the light. It looks like a conflict of staying with the crowd you associate with or moving forward to a different light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - Thank you! :o)

    'Anonymous' - it is definitely a product of some inner conflict. I really didn't even want to post anything today and this is what decided to show itself. I appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Moon River...." Love that scene on the window ledge/fire escape.

    You are going to love looking back at all these some day when you are far from the mean reds...or when you need to be reminded of the yellows. I love it that you have this visual as a marker. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete