Friday, January 7, 2011

2011.007 "Un Rayito de Sol"

Buenos Dias!

Today I awoke with my 2004 trip to the Yucatan Peninsula and the lovely Mayan artisans I met there on my mind. I think we all have special places we have visited, domestic or foreign, that have left such an impression upon us that they become a permanent part of who we are. For me it was the Mayan culture I encountered far away from any tourist zones in the Yucatan. My experiences forever altered my view of the world and my taste in food and gave me a new perspective on all things hand made and home grown.

With all this on my mind it's no wonder that today's piece, a compound fractal, came out with a splash of that influence. I called this one "Un Rayito de Sol" which means "a little ray of sunshine" in Spanish.

Un Rayito de Sol - 12x12 compound fractal
Have a beautiful day!

~ Lisa


You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/

If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell

You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart

No comments:

Post a Comment