Saturday, January 29, 2011

2011.030 "Poppy Has the Shivers"

In Wichita, Kansas today it is an incredibly beautiful day. The sun is shining and the temperature this afternoon is 70 degrees! It's January 29th so this kind of warm day is pratically unheard of in Kansas.

There's nothing at all on my mind today but relaxing and enjoying the sweetness of this great day.  My inspiration for today's blog piece is the thought of spring being just one or two snow storms away. If any of the little flowers tried to bloom today they would be too cold to make it to spring. So I wondered, what would it look like if a flower had the shivers?

Today's piece... "Poppy Has the Shivers"

Poppy Has the Shivers - 12x12 digipaint

I hope this makes you giggle thinking about a little flower saying "brrr".  :o)

~ Lisa

You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/


If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell


You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart


3 comments:

  1. It was a gorgeous day here, too! Like the color on this one. I like pansies - they come in so many different rich colors. Funny thing about flowers - they can be really resiliant. Something comes up that you think will knock them out but still they go on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the ones done in pastels, but this one is in my favorite color....red! I see my bright red knockout roses that bloomed up to mid-November this year and were turned black by the killing frost...can't hardly wait for summer to see them blooming again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had a bunch of knockout roses put in our front yard. Love em. Lisa, if you need nature inspiration, let me know and I'll send you some of my flower pics :)

    ReplyDelete