Monday, February 14, 2011

2011.044 "300 Miles of Red Lace Licorice"

Mixing some new techniques with some old favorites here. This compound image has 16 layers of different goodies mixed in. Before I worked on the background it hit me just how much the twisting, twirling design in the foreground looks like a bunch of red lace licorice. Like maybe several hundred miles of the stuff was layed out in a funky pattern. This made me giggle to think about. I wonder how long it would take to actually make a similar design with 300 miles of red lace licorice?  :o)


Licorice Twists - 12x12 compound digipainted fractal

~ Lisa

You can purchase any of these blog pieces printed on canvas and stretched over a 1/4" gallery frame through my new website: http://www.lisacantrell.com/


If you would prefer I also offer printing that is wood mounted and smooth matte laminated. You can order these from my ArtFire studio page online at:  http://www.artfire.com/users/LisaCantrell


You are also invited to joing me on facebook :www.facebook.com/lisacantrellart

No comments:

Post a Comment