Friday, April 29, 2011

2011.092 "Purple Columbine"

It seems I have a number of friends and followers who really like the color purple.  Not my own my favorite color - as you all are well aware - but I admit it is very pretty. I think I admire the color most when I see it in nature.

Yesterday I went to our local botanical gardens with the princesses and Caleb (my 4 nieces and nephew). My expectations weren't high because it's still early spring here but I thought at least it would be a sunny day and we'd probably see some daffodils still hanging on and likely an abundance of tulips. I was spot-on about the tulips but had no idea there were so many exotic varieties.

I was also suprised to see many other flowers in full bloom. Pansies, some smaller vine-growing Roses, Iris and many different varieties of Columbine to name a few. One particular variety of Columbine really grabbed my attention. It was the deepest purple and so vivid I had to stop and stare and, of course, take a picture.

Today's piece is my little tribute to that breathtaking purple Columbine. I'll add the pic I took at the bottom so you can oooh and aaah along with me at it's beauty.


Purple Columbine - 12x12 compound fractal


Here's the photo:






Enjoy your weekend!!

~ Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment